ALABAMA STATE GENERATION GAP TOURNAMENT RULES
1. This tournament will consist of five divisions of youth and adult combinations. The divisions are based on combined averages of the youth and adult bowler.
• DIV. 1 – 370 & ABOVE
• DIV. 2 - 300-369
• DIV. 3 – 230-299
• DIV. 4 – 229 & BELOW
• Div. 5 – BUMPERS (2 GAMES ONLY)
2. Youth bowlers may participate unlimited times. They must change partners each time they bowl.
3. Youth entering average shall be the highest USBC league or composite average of 21 games or more as of May 1st. (current year). If entrant does not have an average as of May 1st , they will be required to bowl scratch. The ten-pin rule (319-a2) does not apply
4. All bowlers must be members of a USBC chartered local association within the area served by the state association. All bowlers will be required to present USBC Membership cards at time of bowling.
5. Adult bowling is unlimited providing they change partners each time they participate.
6. Adult entering averages shall be the highest USBC league average (21games or more) for the 2021-22 winter or summer season. If no winter or summer average then a 21-game average will be used as of January 1, 2023. All other bowlers will be required to bowl scratch. The ten-pin rule (319a2) will apply. If average is 10 pins or more, higher average as of January 1, 2023 must be used.
7. Handicap will be the 100% difference between the bowler’s average and 210 for both youth and adult bowler.
8. Awards will be on a basis of at least one (1) out of each eight (8) entries in each division. Bumpers (1) out of every 5 entries. One scratch award per division. All awards will be issued as scholarship deposited into a smart account for each youth bowler.
9. Youth coaches must send verification of all youth average in the form of a standing sheet as of May 1, (current year), to the tournament Manager.
10. Check in time will be thirty (30) minutes prior to the squad time. No blind scores will be allowed, all frames missed will be scored zero (0).
11. Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency or other causes beyond the control of the AUSBCA shall cause all advertised prizes, guaranteed or otherwise to be prorated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in each event up to time of such termination.
12. The tournament manager must decide on all disputes, complaints, or protests and enforce the rules and spirit of USBC competition. Any errors must be reported within 6 hours.
13. No use of tobacco products by any tournament participant. Smoking by adults in designated areas only. No playing of electronic devices, cell phones or CD players.
14. Only participants, scorekeepers, and tournament officials will be allowed in the bowler’s area. ALL SCOREKEEPERS AND TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE RVP BADGE.
15. DRESS CODE. Shirts: competitors shall provide their own: A bowling shirt with a butterfly or mock collar. Mock collars must be a minimum of ¾ inch. All shirts must have finished sleeves for all competition. Females may wear sleeveless shirts only if sleeves are finished. Pants: Male participants are allowed to wear slacks, dress shorts or walking shorts. No jeans. Female participants are allowed to wear slacks, skirts, culottes, skorts or walking shorts. No jeans or yoga pants. All of the above must be no shorter than one - half the distance from the inseam to the top of the knee in length and/or no shorter than the fingertips when the arms are at their sides while standing.
16. Foreign substance: The application of any foreign substance on any part of the approach is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, such substances as talcum powder, pumice, etc. also soft rubber soles or heals that rub off on the approach. No rosin bags, hand conditioners, easy slide, etc., will be allowed in the pit (seated) area. Rosin bags may be used for hands
17. Altering the surface of a bowling ball by the use of abrasives while bowling in certified competition is prohibited. All bowling balls so altered must be removed from the competition. Any entrant in violation of USBC rule 18 will forfeit game (S) in which the violation occurred and is subject to dismissal from the tournament as well as suspension of membership.
18. This tournament will use the Bourbon Street oil pattern.
19. Any rules not covered within shall be governed by USBC. Any questions about the tournament please contact the tournament manager.
20. A $30.00 FEE WILL BE CHARGED ON ANY RETURNED CHECK DUE TO INSUFFICIENT FUNDS