ALABAMA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT RULES
COACHES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR AVERAGE VERIFICATION
1. USBC rules and regulations will govern this Tournament. The USBC Code will be enforced. Any infractions of rules or code will disqualify the entrant from all awards.
2. Rule 300c USBC Eligibility rule will be enforced, no waivers. All participants must be a registered member of a USBC certified league in Alabama for the current season (2019-20).
3. 100% of 200 handicap will be used for each entry in each division.
4. Average: Bowler must use average of 12 games or more from the 2019-20 season or average of 12 games or more as of December 31st. WHICHEVER IS HIGHER. If a bowler has a sport or challenge average only, their average must be converted based on the USBC conversion chart. If a bowler has both sport/challenge or house/standard average the highest average will be used without the conversion. If bowler does not have either of the above averages, then the bowler will use their average of 12 games or more as of tournament participation date. Bowler with less than required number of games as of their participation tournament date must bowl scratch.
5. Check in time will be 30 minutes before scheduled time to bowl. Late arrivals will start bowling in frame the rest are bowling with a zero for frames missed. Substitutions must be made One hour prior to scheduled time to bowl. Contestants are responsible for their own substitutes. Adult supervisor must present verification of average. Line-up changes will not be permitted other than substitution. The substitute will bowl in the line-up position of the bowler being replaced. No refunds after confirmation have been accepted.
6. Multiple participation will be allowed in the Team event only, provided two members are changed in the line-up. Unlimited substitutions will be allowed in both team and doubles event. The first series in each event will be used towards the All-Events. Each event will consist of three games. An entrant must compete in all three events to be eligible for ALL EVENTS. Doubles and Singles will be bowled consecutively. Singles will be bowled first. (If entered in one must bowl both). In TEAM EVENT, girls and boys may mix or all girls, or all boys. Four people will constitute as a legal lineup. Singles and All Events will be separated in Boys and Girls Divisions. Doubles Event will be one division with any mix. Doubles and Singles will be bowled on same pair of lanes.
7. In case of tie(s) for championship, duplicate plaques will be awarded. Awards will be given on the basis of one (1) out of every ten (10) entries in each division for handicap. Scratch awards will only be given to First Place Winners in each division.
8. BUMPERS will only bowl 2 games for the entire tournament. Bowl on 1 lane, no crossover. They may bowl these 2 games on Saturday or Sunday during doubles and singles event. Bumpers will use their average as of December 31, provided 12 games have been bowled; otherwise they will use their average as of tournament date, provided 12 games have been bowled. Awards will be given on the basis of one (1) out of every four (4) entries in each boy and girl divisions for handicap. Scratch awards will be given to First Place Winners in each division.
9. The Tournament manager must decide on all disputes, complaints, or protests and enforce the rules and spirit of USBC competition. Verified tele-scores are official (printouts from automatic scorers). Errors must be reported within six hours.
10. Entry closing date: February 16, 2021. All coaches must mail average standing sheets as posted for the league as of average cut-off date and 2019-20 Final average sheet or book to tournament manager with the entries.
11. No use of tobacco or playing of electronic devices, cell phones or CD players will be allowed during participation of the tournament. No food or drinks allowed in the bowler’s area during participation in tournament. Only participants, scorekeepers and tournament officials will be allowed in the bowler’s area and must have a “RVP” badge. (This will be enforced).
12. DRESS CODE. Shirts: Competitors shall provide their own: A bowling shirt with a butterfly collar or mock collar. Mock collar must be a minimum of ¾ of 1 inch. All shirts must have finished sleeves for all competitions. Females may wear sleeveless shirt with a butterfly collar only if the sleeves are finished.
Pants: Male participants are required to wear slacks, dress shorts or walking shorts. Slacks must not contain drawstring waists or elastic bottoms. Slacks must have a zipper and button to be eligible. Jeans are not permitted.
Female participants are required to wear slacks, skirts, culottes, skorts or walking shorts. All of the above must be no shorter than one-half the distance from the inseam to the top of the knee in length and/or no shorter than the fingertips when the arms are at their sides while standing. Jeans and yoga pants are not permitted.
13. No Powders of any kind (talcum or baby) can be used during tournament.
14. Rosin bags may be used for HAND ONLY
15. This tournament will use the USBC Stonehenge Oil Pattern.
PLEASE PRINT COACHES NAME, ADDRESS, ZIP CODE & PHONE NUMBER SO I CAN READ IT..............MAIL ENTRIES WITH CHECK OR MONEY ORDER (NO CASH) PAYABLE TO ALABAMA USBC ASSOCIATION.