2023 Women City Tournament Rules
The Tuscaloosa USBC 2023 Women’s City Tournament will be held January 28-29/February 4-5, 2023. The tournament format shall consist of a 4-woman team, doubles and singles with optional scratch and handicap all-events. This tournament is certified by the United States Bowling Congress. USBC rules and regulations will govern this tournament unless the tournament rules state otherwise.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Tournament is open to adult female members of the Tuscaloosa USBC Association. Participants must have joined an association league at least 15 days prior to bowling in the tournament.
2. MULTIPLE PARTICIPATION: An entrant may participate multiple times in team, doubles and singles, but must bowl both doubles and singles the first time bowling in either doubles or singles. The first score bowled in each event will count toward all-events score. For multiple participation, the following rules apply: TEAM: At least two players in lineup must be different. DOUBLES: At least one player in lineup must be different. SINGLES: A player may cash only once in singles.
3. PRIZES: 100% of the prize fees will be paid out. Ratio for prize payout will be one out of every five entries.
4. AVERAGES: Each participant is responsible for providing the proper tournament average on the entry form. Tournament entering average is last year’s highest sanctioned league average of 21 games or more. 10-pin rule applies: If your current average of 21 games or more as of January 1st exceeds your highest average from last year by 10 pins or more, you must enter with your current average in accordance with USBC Rule 319a. In the event you do not have a sanctioned league average from last year, you must use your highest current sanctioned league average of 21 games or more as of January 1st. A bowler not meeting the 21-game requirement before January 1st but achieving 21 games by 27 January may use that average. A bowler not meeting any of these conditions must enter at an average of 220. The Association Manager will verify all averages of prize winners before any awards are given. It is each bowler’s individual responsibility to ensure compliance with USBC Rules 319a, b, c, d and e concerning averages.
5. Handicap will be computed on a basis of 90% of the difference between each individual average and 220 per game for a three-game set. [(220 - avg.) x 3] x .90
6. Entry fee will be $25.00 per person for Team, Doubles and Singles $14.00 will pay bowling lineage fees and $11.00 will go into the prize fund. Both all-events are optional—entry fee for All-Events Handicap is $5.00 and All-Events Scratch is $5.00.
7. ENTRY FORMS AND PAYMENT: **ADVANCE ENTRIES NOT REQUIRED—SIGN UP ON SITE, ENTRIES CLOSE 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO EACH SQUAD TIME** Mail entry forms with payment to Tuscaloosa USBC, PO Box 1307, Tuscaloosa AL 35403, or give to Bob Gambrell or Jim Spitzley. Make checks payable to Tuscaloosa USBC. DO NOT MAIL CASH. There will be a $20.00 fee imposed on all checks returned.
8. LANE ASSIGNMENTS: The Tournament Manager will determine lane assignments. Doubles and singles event will be bowled on one pair of lanes, doubles will be bowled first.
9. Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency relating thereto or therefrom fire, natural disaster, or other reasons beyond the control of Tuscaloosa USBC Association shall cause all advertised prizes to be prorated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in each of the respective events up to the time of such termination.
Bob Gambrell – Chairman